Assists in the budget planning process, as directed.
- Understands the general purpose and benefit of budgeting, the various types of budgeting, and basic budgeting terminology such as inter-agency, intra-agency (IAA), direct CAN citations, or cooperative research and development agreement (CRADA)/renewals, memorandum of understanding (MOU).
- Assists the AO in his/her role as an advisor and assistant in budget formulation, presentation, and execution services and documentation.
- Assists in the preparation of an inter-agency, intra-agency (IAA), direct CAN citations, or cooperative research and development agreement (CRADA)/renewal, or memorandum of understanding (MOU).
- Gathers information on prior year(s) spending, projected funding/resource needs (i.e., salaries/benefits; capital, operating and other expenses) and budget priorities to facilitate timely development of budget requests and supporting justifications, as directed.
- Prepares components of or reviews accuracy of a budget based on direction from budget and finance.
- Maintains an awareness of timing/milestones in the budget cycle, differences in fund sources and types (e.g., appropriated, non-appropriated/gift funds), and applicable SOPs.
- Researches discrepancies in budget information and consults with the AO to resolve identified discrepancies.