Maintains advanced level of biomedical/biobehavioral/scientific knowledge and understanding of the areas of research conducted and/or supported by the organization.
- Acquires a broad and cross-disciplinary knowledge base.
- Reviews professional, medical and other scientific literature to ensure up-to-date and accurate scientific information.
- Follows developments in intramural research, extramural research and/or clinical trials.
- Keeps abreast of the latest scientific discoveries and technologies.
- Identifies relevant scientific resources (e.g. publications, grant applications, contract proposals).
- Keeps abreast of the major players, institutions, centers, networks, and supporting infrastructure for specific areas of research.
- Consults with scientific experts to interpret complex biomedical/biobehavioral research information.
- Maintains a working knowledge of specific research areas related to grant applications/contract proposals that are submitted for peer review.
- Attends scientific meetings or workshops in fields relevant to areas of required scientific expertise.
- Identifies and categorizes scientific experts.