Assists in fulfilling acquisition needs in a timely manner and in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Collects and analyzes market research information, as directed, to support the AO in the development of the acquisition plan.
- Understands basic terminology associated with acquisition actions, processes, and types, such as: records of call, sole source justifications, exemptions from using mandatory sources, emergency orders, statements of work, Federal Supply Schedule, credit cards, purchase orders, and contracts.
- Develops an understanding of the acquisition process, regulations and mechanisms available in order to identify the strategy for managing the acquisition.
- Researches information on the specifications necessary to solicit goods and services.
- Acts as a liaison with vendors and suppliers.
- Reviews and routes acquisition packages, based on delegations (HHS/NIH policies) for approval.
- Understands the available acquisition systems and their applications.
- Enters receiving and property information as necessary, within the required number of business days of receipt into the appropriate acquisition system.
- Gathers information to support the AO in determining the appropriate sourcing approach and defining solicitation terms and conditions, and prepares the necessary documents.
- Learns customer acquisition strategies including documentation, policy requirements, and limitations.
- Serves as a resource to managers and program staff on appropriate acquisition actions such as record of call, Federal Supply Schedule, GSA FEDSTRIP, credit cards, purchase orders and contracts, and explaining documentation requirements.
- Serves as a resource to managers on appropriate acquisition action necessary to obtain contract workers.
- Assists managers and AOs in obtaining justifications for sole source and exemption from using mandatory sources, and for emergency orders and statements of work.
- Applies financial invoicing and property information knowledge to assigned work, such as entering data into the acquisition systems.