Administers contract and other acquisition requirements, manages program and contractor relationships, and monitors contract performance for the effective delivery of goods and services.
- Assists managers in recommending pay rates and preparing documents such as task orders.
- Maintains a working knowledge of scientific and technical contracting requirements.
- Tracks expenditures and reviews documents (e.g., delivery orders, invoices, expense reports) in order to manage the financial aspects of contracting responsibilities.
- Uses financial analysis to evaluate business (cost and price) proposals.
- Understands and maintains awareness of the general purpose and benefit of budgeting, the various types of budgeting, basic budgeting terminology, and timing/milestones in the budget cycle.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and manages the various contracting functions, including administering, modifying, closing out and terminating contracts.
- Actively collaborates with others (e.g., AOs, project officers, contracting officers, managers) to monitor and manage the contract, contractor performance, quality, and compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Takes appropriate actions and applies remedies to protect the rights of the Government.
- Monitors expenditure of funds for various contracts.
- Monitors performance and compliance of contractual terms and conditions.
- Provides information, analytics, summary status, and recommendations pertaining to acquisitions.
- Gathers information and performs analyses to make objective and well informed contracting and financial decisions.
- Serves as a primary point of contact concerning all acquisition matters.
- Works closely with customer/partner to ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled in compliance with the terms of the contract and applicable laws and regulations.