How Can I Report Harassment or Inappropriate Conduct Within the NIH Community?

Reports can be made anonymously, which means the reporting party does not have to identify themselves. However, Civil Specialists will have to follow up on information provided and the reporting party’s identity may become apparent during the administrative inquiry process. Please note that remaining anonymous requires key details about the allegation or concern to be omitted, which will limit the NIH’s ability to conduct an inquiry and take corrective action as warranted. Use the resources below to report an issue:

Call the Anti-Harassment toll-free line at 833-224-3829

Call the main Civil line on 301-402-4845 


File an EEO complaint through the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion by visiting the EDI Resolutions page.

PLEASE NOTE: If a federal employee wishes to pursue an EEO complaint, they must contact EDI within 45 days of the discriminatory incident in order to file a Pre-Complaint of Discrimination.

Contact the Office of Intramural Training and Education if you are a trainee or fellow.

For those who are Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, or Speech Impaired, please dial 7-1-1 to access telecommunications relay services. If we can do anything to facilitate communication, please contact us at

Remote Conference Captioning Service (RCC) and Video Remote Interpreting Service (VRI) is also available to all NIH employees. You can access these services through the Interpreting Services Program.

If you are not sure and would like to discuss your concerns with an office that operates under principles of confidentiality and are not required to take action, please call: