This class will give travel planners, reviewers, and approvers a complete overview of Sponsored Travel. During this one-day class, Sponsored Travel documents will be created in the CGE Travel System through hands-on exercises. Students will receive a student manual which includes in-depth Sponsored Travel Policy and step-by-step instructions. Multiple monitors are encouraged for virtual training participation, though not required.
Special Note: Domestic Travel is a prerequisite for Sponsored Travel. If you have not taken Domestic Travel, you will be unable to attend class on the day of training and still be held responsible for payment. It is also recommended that Foreign Travel be taken before Sponsored Travel; however, it is not a requirement.
- Review of the Sponsored Travel process and policy, including documentation requirements
- Learn the CGE Travel System functionality related to Sponsored Travel
- Identify methods of reimbursement for travel expenses.
- Learn procedure to properly allocate expenses between the Sponsor and NIH
- Assign and allocate expenses among one or more Sponsors
The target audience for this course is travel planners.