This class will give travel planners, reviewers, and approvers a complete overview of sponsored travel. During this one-day class, sponsored travel documents will be created in the Concur Government Edition (CGE) Travel System through hands-on exercises. Students will receive a manual which includes in-depth sponsored travel policy. Multiple monitors are encouraged for virtual training participation, though not required.
Note: This course is intended for current CGE Travel System users. To gain access to the CGE Travel System, new users will need to take the three-day Domestic Travel class. Domestic Travel is a prerequisite for this class. The Foreign Travel class is encouraged before taking the Sponsored Travel class, but not required.
- Review of the sponsored travel process and policy, including documentation requirements.
- Learn the CGE Travel System functionality related to sponsored travel.
- Identify methods of reimbursement for travel expenses.
- Learn procedure to properly allocate expenses between the sponsor and NIH.
- Assign and allocate expenses among one or more sponsors.
Existing travel planners with CGE access.