All NIHTC classes available for FY23 registration (August and September) are posted. If the class of interest to you is not posted, this class has either been conducted or is full. Check back in a few weeks when the NIHTC posts FY24 classes. Registration for FY24 classes begins in October.
This course is mandatory for prospective Purchase Cardholders or Purchase Card Approving Officials (CAO). The course provides an introduction to purchasing using the NIH Purchase Card for micro-purchases and an overview of the NIH Business System (NBS) for logging purchases and reconciliation. Students will complete instructor-led and independent computer based simulation exercises. Each student will receive a guide with NIH purchase card policies & procedures. Questions on obtaining a purchase card should be directed to: CreditCard@od.nih.gov.
A pre-requisite course, Introduction to the NIH Business System (Course # NIHNBSLMS2074) providing an overview of the NBS Organization and the NBS Community Portal, is recommended prior to this course. It is available in the LMS.
- Describe the uses and limitations of the NIH Purchase Card
- Perform the roles and responsibilities of a Cardholder and/or CAO
- Identify the key areas in which Cardholders and CAOs are involved in the purchase card process
- Follow procedures for micro-purchases
- Document purchases specific to HHS and NIH requirements
- Use the NBS Training Instance to create Oracle Log Entries
- Use the NBS Training Instance to reconcile bank transactions
The NIH Acquisitions Community