All NIHTC classes available for FY23 registration (August and September) are posted. If the class of interest to you is not posted, this class has either been conducted or is full. Check back in a few weeks when the NIHTC posts FY24 classes. Registration for FY24 classes begins in October.
Note: This course was recently revised to include an expanded portion on Budget Execution. This course is designed for new Administrative Officers and Technicians, entry-level Budget Analysts, and Administrative Lab Managers. This course provides an overview of the NIH federal budget process, budget operations and systems, and the role of key budget managers. Participants will learn everyday NIH business terms, how NIH receives its budget, and be introduced to activities that range from operating budget to fiscal year-end close out. Hands on exercises include budget calculations and more. The course is intended to enhance your understanding of the federal budget process and does not address the specifics of how to manage a budget.
- Learn the federal budget process from formulation to execution
- Identify key budget terms, requirements, and procedures *Identify the roles and responsibilities of key budget management officials
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of key budget supporting organizations
- Know NIH budget support mechanisms, people, and systems that aid in budget execution
- Recognize the different roles Administrative and Budget Officers play at the NIH
- Learn strategies for projecting budgets and analyzing obligations
All NIH Employees