If you received Domestic Travel, Foreign Travel, and Sponsored Travel training in the past two to three years, this is the refresher you need for foreign/sponsored travel. In this one-day travel refresher, existing NIH travel planners and travel approving officials (including administrative officers) will receive a brief review of the rules and regulations for preparing travel for federal employee foreign and sponsored travel. This is a hands-on class and training will allow time for discussion to enhance each participant's knowledge, so please bring questions for the instructor. Note: This course is intended for current Concur Government Edition (CGE) Travel System users. Participants must complete the following prerequisites in order to take this class: Domestic Travel, Foreign Travel, and Sponsored Travel.
- Learn updates of recent changes in travel policy.
- Review rules and regulations applicable to foreign travel processes.
- Review rules and regulations applicable to sponsored travel process.
- Identify procedures/approvals required for employees traveling in foreign locations.
- Acquire helpful websites for travelers and those preparing travel documents.
- Complete a foreign/sponsored travel authorization in the CGE Travel System; vouchers will also be discussed if time allows.
Audience Existing travel planners with CGE access.