Receive complete instruction for preparing non-foreign travel requests for federal employees traveling within and outside the continental United States. Students will complete hands-on exercises by, preparing travel requests using the CGE Travel System. You will receive a handbook and job aid to use as a desk reference. This course satisfies the mandatory requirement for access to the CGE travel system. Multiple monitors are encouraged for virtual training participation, though not required.
Special Note: Domestic Travel must be taken for access to the CGE travel system. It is a prerequisite for Foreign Travel, Sponsored Travel, Travel for AOs & Approving Officials, as well as any travel refresher training.
- Understanding rules and regulations governing the travel of federal employees.
- Gain understanding of rules and regulations governing the travel of federal employees.
- Making reservations using the on-line booking tool.
- Learn rules use of government travel charge card with ATM features.
- Explore use of CGE Travel System to enter: Domestic Travel Orders, Domestic Travel Vouchers, and Local Travel Vouchers.
The target audience for this course is travel planners.