CA-7: Claim for Compensation

The CA-7 must be filed electronically through the Employees’ Compensation Operations & Management Portal (ECOMP). If you do not already have an account, one must be created at Please remember the following as you submit your claim:

  • A case number from the Department of Labor is needed in order to file a CA-7.
  • If you already have an ECOMP account, the case can be found in your Dashboard.
  • If you did not file your initial claim in ECOMP, you can choose the option “Start a new CA-7 based on a case not listed here” in the Dashboard.
  • You must provide your supervisor’s correct email address to grant him/her access to that portion of the form. 
  • Dates in the future cannot be claimed. To ensure proper processing, you must initiate your CA-7 form on the last day of the period for which you desire compensation. 
  • You can upload medical documentation to the CA-7 claim in ECOMP. You must also send all medical documentation to Occupational Medical Services (OMS).
  • The CA-7 must be filed within one year of the dates claimed, or the date your claim is accepted, whichever is later.  Once a CA-7 has been filed and accepted, compensation will be paid directly from the Department of Labor at the following rates:
  • If the employee has no dependents* = 66.67 % (2/3r) of the employee’s normal pay rate at the time of injury.
  • If the employee has one or more dependents*= 75.0 % (3/4) of the employee’s normal pay rate at the time of injury.
    • *The term "dependent" includes a husband, wife, unmarried child under 18 years of age, and a dependent parent. An unmarried child may qualify as a dependent after reaching the age of 18 if incapable of self-support by reason of mental or physical disability, or as long as the child continues to be a full-time student at an accredited institution, until he or she reaches the age of 23 or has completed four years of education beyond the high school level.
  • Please note that the Department of Labor is responsible for approving all claims for compensation and it can take several weeks to receive payments. If you have questions about the status of your claim, please contact the Workers’ Compensation Program at 301-402-2669.