Every year since 1985, the first week of May has been set aside as Public Service Recognition Week, a time to thank dedicated public servants from federal, state, and local governments across the country.
Share your pride
During this special week, you can share your pride in your public service. You can do that by participating in NIH’s photo campaign for Public Service Recognition Week. A flyer with detailed instructions is available. Choose one of the following:
- Take a photo with your completed Public Service Recognition Week template:
- Insert your picture into a Public Service Recognition Week template:
- Create a Zoom video with a Public Service Recognition Week background:
- Create a congratulatory certificate for a colleague, employee, or leader:
Post your photo or video on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram using the following hashtags: #NIH, #PSRW, and #Proud2ServeUSA. The #NIH hashtag allows NIH to find our employees. You can also send your photo or video to NIHPSRW@nih.gov. Images will be posted on NIH social media outlets.
For more information
- Download the HHS Public Service Recognition Week Campaign Toolkit
- Consider the Partnership for Public Service’s toolkit on how to celebrate PSRW for additional ideas