Public Service Recognition Week – May 5-11, 2019
Every year since 1985, the first week of May has been set aside as Public Service Recognition Week, a time to thank dedicated public servants from Federal, state and local governments across the country.
During this special week, you have an opportunity to share your pride in your public service. One way you can do that is by participating in NIH’s photo campaign for Public Service Recognition Week. Here’s how it works:
- Take a photo with your completed “I Heart Public Service” template.
- Post your photo on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the following hashtags: #NIH, #PSRW and #Proud2ServeUSA. The #NIH hashtag allows NIH to find our employees.
- You can also send your photo to NIHPSRW@nih.gov. Images will be posted on NIH social media outlets.
Another way to participate is by thanking others for their service with the Public Service Star Awards to recognize your coworkers for their outstanding public service. Click below to download the Public Service Star Award templates:
- Star Card Display Banner
- Star Card Instructions Signage
- Star Card Notification Scrolls
- Star Card Templates
For more information, please download the HHS Public Service Recognition Week Campaign Toolkit and visit Partnership for Public Service’s events page for a list of local observances.