Understands the workings of the Federal Government and how to achieve results in this environment.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of governmental activities and key personnel
- Understands the legislative process and how it impacts the Department, the Agency and one’s own organization and role
- Uses governmental systems, processes and/or programs appropriately to accomplish organizational goals
- Develops and maintains relationships with governmental personnel and leverages these relationships as needed to accomplish one’s role in public service
- Identifies and keeps up to date on key national and international policies and economic, political, and social trends that affect the organization