Receive complete instructions for preparing travel for individuals traveling on behalf of the federal government to foreign countries. During hands-on exercises, class participants will prepare foreign travel using the NIH CGE Travel System. You will receive a handbook you can use as a desk reference. Multiple monitors are encouraged for virtual training participation, though not required.
Special Note: Domestic Travel is a prerequisite for Foreign Travel. If you have not taken Domestic Travel, you will be unable to attend class on the day of training and still be held responsible for payment.
- Gain understanding of federal travel rules and regulations governing foreign travel
- Online Notification of Foreign Travel (NFT) preparation
- Identify passports and visa requirements
- Compliance with the Fly America Act when making reservations
- Explore using the CGE Travel System to enter Foreign Travel Orders
The target audience for this course is travel planners.