Disabled Veteran Leave (DVL) was authorized by the Wounded Warriors Federal Leave Act of 2015. DVL is for the purposes of undergoing medical treatment for a service-connected disability for which sick leave could regularly be used. Employees who are hired on or after November 5, 2016 who are Veterans with a 30% or greater service-connected disability may be eligible for DVL.
OPM has specified that for the purposes of DVL, ‘hired’ means:
- Newly hired with no previous Federal service; or
- Reappointed with at least a 90-day break in service; or
- Military reservists or members of the National Guard that return to duty in their civilian positions after a period of military service.
- HR Guide to Disabled Veteran Leave
- Quick Reference Guide AO or TK Requests DVL
- Quick Reference Guide for AO to Change DVL Account
- Quick Reference Guide AO or TK Change Timecard DVL Hours
- Quick Reference Guide for AO or TK to Assign EMP DVL Eligibility
- DVL Calculation Workbook
For more information, you may contact WorkFlex@nih.gov.