Who can expect a W-2?

You will receive a W-2 if you are a Federal employee employed by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). 

If you are not a Federal employee employed by NIH (such as an IRTA, Visiting Fellow,  or Special Volunteer) you will receive a 1099, 1099G, or 1042S. These documents must be obtained from the Office of Financial Management (OFM).  

For 1099s, contact OFM’s Customer Service number at 301-496-6088.

For 1099G or 1042S, you may call 301-496-5635.