Conducting a Demand Analysis
Conducting a demand analysis involves understanding your organization's current and future workforce requirements.
Questions to consider
- What drivers affect my organization's workload?
- How is workload measured from service to service?
- How many staff are needed to deliver each service?
- What percentage of an FTE's time is required to deliver a service/product?
- Are there anticipated changes in technology, policies, regulations, or customer base that would affect workload demand?
- How would workload in each service line be impacted by those changes?
- How would changes in FTEs affect workload in my organization?
- What opportunities are there to leverage resources with other intenal offices?
- How-To Guide - Critically assess position need and Conducting a position analysis
- Transition Plan Template
- Transition Interview Guide
- WFP Metrics 101: Data, Systems, and Reporting Components
- Key and Mission-Essential Positions: Overview of Benefits of Role Segmentation and Criteria for Identifying These Positions
- Competency Model Building and Validation Guide