Introduction to NIH Property Management (NBS)
During this 3-day training program, you will acquire a working knowledge of NIH personal property management policies, procedures and automated record-keeping techniques. Students will complete instructor-led and independent computer based simulation exercises that will teach you how to use the NIH Property Management System for the day-to-day management of NIH personal property. * * NOTE* * For NBS access as a PCO or ICPAO, course participants must meet all training requirements as defined by OALM/DLS/PMB, including this course. For additional information on all training requirements, please go to: https://policymanual.nih.gov/26101-25-2 . Please see the NBS Personal Property Community page for instructions on completing a User Access request form.
- Legal and regulatory requirements and responsibilities for personal property management
- Learn the objectives of personal property management
- Identify management responsibilities and areas of personal liability
- Maintain property accountability records using the Sunflower System
- Typical Property Custodial Officer (PCO) and Property Accountability Officer property transactions
- NIH policies and procedures for removing NIH property from NIH premises, including property passes and loans
- Determine when and how to prepare various property management documents
- Property utilization and disposal procedures
- Learn how financial responsibility for lost or stolen property is determined at the NIH
Contact me when additional offerings for this course are scheduled.