Introduction to the NIH Budget Process
This course is designed for new Administrative Officers and Technicians, entry-level Budget Analysts, and Administrative Lab Managers. This course provides an overview of the NIH federal budget process, budget operations and systems, and the role of key budget managers. Participants will learn everyday NIH business terms, how NIH receives its budget, and be introduced to activities that range from operating budget to fiscal year-end close out. Hands on exercises include budget calculations and more. The course is intended to enhance your understanding of the federal budget process and does not address the specifics of how to manage a budget.
- Learn the federal budget process from formulation to execution
- Identify key budget terms, requirements, and procedures
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of key budget management officials
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of key budget supporting organizations
- Know NIH budget support mechanisms, people, and systems that aid in budget execution
- Recognize the different roles Administrative and Budget Officers play at the NIH
- Learn strategies for projecting budgets and analyzing obligations
Contact me when additional offerings for this course are scheduled.