Customer Service at NIH
The late great poet Maya Angelou once said, "I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." At NIH, we are each other's customer; every encounter is a gift to someone by sharing our expertise, offering to help, and putting others' needs first. This includes Travel Planners, Acquisitions Professionals, Administrative Officers, Grants Specialists, Clinical Center Staff, HR Professionals, CIT and OIT Helpdesk Representatives, Office of the Director Staff and anyone who interfaces with patients undergoing clinical trials, external stakeholders, or internal customers/colleagues. These everyday interactions shape and mold the NIH culture. Come learn how to better use a tool that is in your possession already.
- Learn what creates an exceptional customer experience.
- Identify the benefits of great customer experiences.
- Explore the three-levels of customer satisfaction.
- Identify the seven standards of service excellence.
- Define and illustrate each of the seven standards of service excellence.
- Recognize barriers to an exceptional customer experiences.
- Adapt to specific customer personality challenges.
- Learn techniques for dealing with angry or upset customers.
- Explain the importance of an optimistic attitude when giving service.
- Develop a personal action plan to improve customer service skills.
All NIH employees
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Cancellation Deadline||IC Price||Register|
|Wed, 07/24/19, 9:00am||Wed, 07/24/19, 4:00pm||Building 45 - Natcher Conference Center 45 Center Drive - Room 1014 (NT1)||Wed, 07/03/19||$480||Register|
|Wed, 09/25/19, 9:00am||Wed, 09/25/19, 4:00pm||Building 45 - Natcher Conference Center 45 Center Drive - Room 1014 (NT1)||Wed, 09/04/19||$480||Register|
Contact me when additional offerings for this course are scheduled.