Basic COR II Essentials
Please note that the Basic COR Essentials I class is NOT a pre-requisite.
This course highlights the roles, responsibilities, conduct, ethics and authority as well as the acquisition phases to include preparing work statements, evaluating proposals, recommending source selection of Contracting Officer's Representatives (CORs). It focuses on managing contractor performance and enhancing knowledge and practical application of contracting principles. This course meets one of the HHS requirement to obtain a FAC-COR Level 2 or 3 certification, however there are additional training requirements in place, consult with ACP for guidance:
At NIH, Level 2 CORs support contract vehicles of moderate to high complexity with thresholds above $150,000. Level 3 CORs support highly complex contract vehicles above $25,000,000. Please also note that only federal employees are eligible to earn a FAC-COR certification as it is an inherently governmental function.
- Identify COR responsibilities in the acquisition process
- Development of acquisition plans
- Preparation of key elements of a performance-based work statement, source selection criteria, and technical proposal instructions
- Recognition of the requirements for full and open competition, use of required sources, and small business set-aside goals and programs
- Preparation of solicitations (RFPs)
- Review of the source selection process
- Planning for quality and schedule assurance, selecting the appropriate remedy for nonconforming or delinquent performance, and preparation of contractor performance evaluation reports
- Timely execution of contract actions
- Standards of procurement ethics
- Importance of developing a legally sound and technically productive business relationship with contractors
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Cancellation Deadline||IC Price||Register|
|Mon, 01/13/20, 9:00am||Fri, 01/17/20, 4:00pm||Three White Flint 11601 Landsdown Street - Room WF1||Mon, 12/30/19||$678||Register|
|Mon, 02/03/20, 9:00am||Fri, 02/07/20, 4:00pm||Three White Flint 11601 Landsdown Street - Room WF3||Mon, 01/13/20||$678||Register|
|Mon, 03/09/20, 9:00am||Fri, 03/13/20, 4:00pm||Three White Flint 11601 Landsdown Street - Room WF3||Mon, 02/24/20||$678||Register|
|Mon, 04/13/20, 9:00am||Fri, 04/17/20, 4:00pm||Three White Flint 11601 Landsdown Street - Room WF1||$678||Register|
Contact me when additional offerings for this course are scheduled.