Basic COR I Essentials
This one-day course highlights the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) role, responsibilities, conduct, authority and ethics as well as the acquisition phases including planning, solicitation, evaluation and award and contract administration. It is designed for the prospective COR who is planning to serve on a technical evaluation panel or work on low-risk contract vehicles, such as supply contracts and orders. It provides a broad overview of the essential topics for the COR function and fundamental rules and regulations. This course meets one of the HHS requirements to obtain a FAC-COR Level 1 certification, however there are additional training requirements in place, consult with NIH Acquisition Career Program for guidance: FAC-COR@mail.nih.gov.
Please note that only federal employees are eligible to earn a FAC-COR certification as it is an inherently governmental function. Also, this course is NOT required as a pre-requisite for the Basic COR Essentials II class.
- Introduction to the role of the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) at NIH
- Description of duties and responsibilities of a COR
- Responsibilities of serving on a technical evaluation panel
- Acquisition planning to include phases of the acquisition process, market research, contract types, pre-solicitation process, source selection strategies and evaluation factors
- Proposal evaluation
- Past performance review to include CPARS and PPIRS
- Purpose of contract monitoring
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Cancellation Deadline||IC Price||Register|
|Mon, 11/25/19, 9:00am||Mon, 11/25/19, 4:00pm||Three White Flint 11601 Landsdown Street - Room WF1||Mon, 11/11/19||$283||Register|
|Tue, 01/28/20, 9:00am||Tue, 01/28/20, 4:00pm||Three White Flint 11601 Landsdown Street - Room WF2||Tue, 01/14/20||$283||Register|
|Fri, 04/17/20, 9:00am||Fri, 04/17/20, 4:00pm||Three White Flint 11601 Landsdown Street - Room WF3||$283||Register|
Contact me when additional offerings for this course are scheduled.