This 2-day course provides an overview of the basis, context and proper implementation of federal personal property management in NIH, as defined by federal laws, regulations and HHS and NIH Property Management Policies. It reviews the requirements for management and control of federal property from acquisition to disposal and highlights the NIH policy and processes supporting effective property management at each stage in the property lifecycle.
This course also includes an overview of the NBS Property System features and functionality that support property management activities and provides hands-on experience with new system features and changes implemented since the original NBS deployment.
- Overview of Property Management Laws, Regulations and Policies
- Property Management Roles and Responsibilities
- The Property Management Cycle
Acquiring, Receiving, and Decaling Assets
- Creating Property Records
- Updating Property Records
- Property Transfers
- Disposal of Excess Personal Property
- Reporting and Querying Asset Information
- Course Conclusion and Discussions