Please Note: Training does not incorporate a live simulation environment.
Learn how to use the NIH Business System (NBS) Fellowship Payment System (FPS) to document, create, manage, and pay fellowship awards for non-FTE personnel. Attendees will receive instruction on basic navigation within NBS as well as detailed instruction, demonstrations, and student activities pertaining to the key topics listed below.
- Perform maintenance on Fellow Records within NBS FPS.
- Manage Automated Clearing House (ACH) requests within NBS FPS.
- Gain understanding of the fellowship award process, submissions, changes and additional paperwork requirements.
- Learn to manage Workflow Notifications within NBS FPS.
- Identify subsequent actions on fellowship awards including transfers, renewals, and award termination.
- Monthly certification process for payment.
The target audience for this course is intended for administrative officers, administrative support staff and users of the NBS Fellowship Payment system.