All NIHTC classes available for FY23 registration (August and September) are posted. If the class of interest to you is not posted, this class has either been conducted or is full. Check back in a few weeks when the NIHTC posts FY24 classes. Registration for FY24 classes begins in October.
This course provides students with a full review of COR duties and responsibilities and is intended for students who have already obtained a COR certification. It emphasizes enhancement of skills in contract preparation, formation, appropriations law, CPARS and administration through discussion and participation in exercises. Experience gained through contract administration and best practices will be highlighted. Students will participate in group role-playing exercises and present their findings and solutions.
This class satisfies your requirement for COR I and II Recertification. It also meets most of the level III requirements except for the ethics training.
Please contact the Acquisition Career Program for more guidance on specific HHS certification requirements for CORs: FAC-COR@mail.nih.gov
- Market Research to include benefits, methods and documentation
- Purpose of a Requirements Document
- Best Value Acquisition to include proposal evaluation, evaluation factors, competitive negotiation techniques
- Simplified Acquisition Procedures
- Multiple Award Contracts
- Technical Evaluation Panels
- Proposal Evaluation
- Post-Award Orientation and Work Plans
- Inspection and Monitoring Work
- Quality Management
- Invoicing and Payment
- Prompt Payments
- Issues, Clauses and Remedies
- Performance Evaluation
- Contract Closeouts
- Appropriations Law
The NIH Acquisitions Community