This course looks to improving contractor performance by enhancing COR knowledge and practical application of IT contract management principles, policies and procedures from contract award through contract completion.
• Recognize applicable regulation, policy, and law that apply to IT contract management.
• Serve as an effective technical liaison between the project management team, the contracting officer, agency stakeholders, and the contractor.
• Know the project baseline, key contractual requirements, enterprise life cycle milestones, and security requirements under FISMA, HSPD-12, and the Privacy Act.
• Develop a customized COR IT appointment letter.
• Review contractor QA/QC plans based upon CMMI certification, project requirements, and performance risk.
• Develop a Government quality assurance surveillance plan using documentation reviews, walkthroughs, testing, and observations.
• Perform schedule assurance using earned value management principles; integrated baseline reviews; and performance measurement baseline adjustments.
• Link performance reviews to payment on a fixed price or reimbursable basis.
The NIH Acquisitions Community