USA Performance (USAP) is an automated, web-based tool that assists in the implementation of their Senior Executive Service performance management programs. It provides stream-lined, easily accessible, on-line performance plans. USAP allows Executives and Rating Officials to develop performance plans, provide feedback and ratings, and electronically sign performance plans.
|Executive||Senior Executive Service (SES) and Senior-Level T-42 Executives (or their proxies) may create and edit their own plans. They must sign their own plan at each stage of the performance management cycle.|
|Proxy||Individual assigned by the SES or Senior-Level T-42 executive or Rating Official. Proxies can perform all the duties of the user to which they are assigned except they cannot remove signatures or sign the plan on behalf of an Executive or Rating Official.|
|Rating Official||The individual to whom the SES or Senior-Level T-42 Executive reports. They approve and sign the establishment of performance plans for their subordinate executives, provide feedback in progress reviews, and prepare end-of-year ratings.|
Accessing USA Performance
USA Performance (USAP) currently works with Internet Explorer version 10 and above and Google Chrome version 39 and above. You must be on the NIH network or VPN to access USAP.
- Navigate to the USAP login page.
- Click “Log in with Your Smart Card” (once your PIV is inserted), enter PIN and click “Okay” or type in your username and password and select the "Sign In" button.
- You're then directed to the Home/Dashboard page.
*The use of your PIV card to log in to USAP is encouraged and preferred*
Forgot your password?
Users may request a new password through the “Forgot Password” link on the log in page; new passwords are sent within 15 minutes of the request. Please note a password reset can only be requested once in a 24-hour period. Users should double check their spam/junk folder for the password reset email. Still need assistance, contact Blair Battle at email@example.com.
Things to Remember
- Your user name is your email address.
- Proxies cannot sign a plan on behalf of a Rating Official or Executive.
- The Rating Official must sign prior to the Executive. The executive will then receive an automated email from USAP to sign their plan.
- Once a plan is signed, it cannot be edited without the Executive or USAP Administrator first removing all signatures. It may then be edited and will need to be re-signed from the establishment phase on.
- If a signature is removed, the removing party must notify the other party as USAP doesn’t alert of signature removal.
- Login instructions
- Assigning a proxy user instructions
- OPM USAP Guide for Senior Executives
- NIH USAP Guide for Senior Executives
- NIH USAP Guide for Rating Officials
- NIH USAP QRG for Establishing an Initial Plan
- NIH USAP QRG for Proxy Users
- FY 20 NIH Establishment Guide
- FY 2019 Executive Closeout Guidance
- ACTION: FY 2019 Closeout Guidance
- USAP Helpful Reminders - Closeout
- USAP FAQs - Closeout