Supports the development, maintenance and application of web-based systems, services and technologies (e.g., Internet, intranet, extranet, and website).
- Considers stakeholder needs when recommending appropriate web technologies.
- Considers the organization?s strategic vision of web technology solutions.
- Evaluates current collaborative web technologies and the benefits/risks associated with them.
- Considers internal factors such as records management, human resources, etc. when making decisions involving technologies.
- Assesses delivery strategies, web technologies, oversight, and organizational implications for web-based development.
- Knows Internet standards relative to web technology development.
- Considers web technology in relation to privacy standards and Federal regulations.
- Assess the challenges and opportunities associated with integrating new web technologies and applications into the Federal Government?s IT infrastructure.
- Identifies and uses tools for information management and technology product design and development.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.