Assists travelers and travel preparers in the preparation and review of travel in accordance with travel regulations, policies and procedures.
- Relays information to travelers or travel preparers on appropriate documentation and lead times required for sponsored travel and outside activities, domestic travel, foreign travel, premium class, non-contract carrier, foreign flag carrier, actual expense allowance and leave requests.
- Arranges or confirms upcoming travel logistics for staff in serviced office and prepares applicable documentation (e.g., notification of foreign travel, sponsored travel).
- Reviews travel authorizations and travel vouchers in GovTrip to ensure that they are in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations and HHS/NIH policies.
- Provides select information to program staff on policies and procedures for government travelers and invited guests.
- Processes and tracks select travel actions using various travel information systems.
- Monitors travel submissions and coordinates the resolution of travel issues and concerns as directed by the AO.
- Collects and/or organizes data to provide applicable information for periodic data calls as directed by the AO.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.