Supports organizational goals and objectives in accordance with strategic and/or operations plans.
- Is aware of organizational and programmatic goals and seeks creative avenues to enhance goal achievement, sharing this information with others at staff/program meetings.
- Considers overall structures, patterns, and cycles in the organization/systems, and uses assessment, analysis, and evaluation methodologies to define metrics and standards of performance.
- Supports the design of customer surveys, analysis of results, and action planning to address results of surveys.
- Develops and writes portions of reports, decisions, contracts, or other action documents to provide support for activities or programs.
- Participates in development of business and operational planning documents for integration with overall strategic planning processes.
- Incorporates new processes and procedures into annual plans.
- Identifies strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) in support of strategic planning process.
- Provides advice and guidance to resolve, implement or manage program or policy issues that involve areas of uncertainty in approach or methodology.
- Streamlines operations for maximum efficiency, automation and effectiveness where appropriate.
- Conducts internal audits (i.e., gathers information, identifies strengths and weaknesses) and provides recommendations to establish new processes.
- Gathers key information essential to the planning process (e.g., internal information, benchmarking information, stakeholder input)
- Incorporates an awareness of current and future management directives, required functional and technical expertise, resource requirements, and targeted stakeholders into annual plans
- Utilizes processes, tools, and/or formal mechanisms to effectively monitor and manage results
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.