Coordinates security activities in compliance with security processing procedures and systems to ensure that appropriate staff and contractors obtain/maintain access to NIH facilities.
- Coordinates new badge renewal and facility access requests by completing required documentation (e.g., HHS-745), arranging fingerprinting, monitoring/reporting on request status, and resolving emergent issues.
- Enters, maintains and resolves issues with data in the NIH Enterprise Directory (NED) to track individuals in the NIH workforce and those using NIH services/facilities.
- Coordinates with appropriate security personnel (e.g., campus police, Montgomery Police, City of Hamilton, MT), whenever necessary in emergency situations.
- Advises staff of local Continuity of Operations (COOP) Plan and appropriate personnel contacts (e.g., Clinical Center for patient care, animal care, laboratory operations).
- Advises, coordinates and assists with security training exercises.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.