Maintains basic level of biomedical/scientific knowledge and understanding of areas of research conducted and/or supported by the organization.
- Adjusts administrative services provided in response to an understanding of the core work activities of the scientific workforce.
- Translates scientific understanding to the types of positions, staff, and learning and development activities needed to successfully carry out the mission of the Institute.
- Develops a general understanding of the scientific research priorities for the Institute as a whole and for specific customers served.
- Understands the core work activities that Program staff engages in to carry out their work and how this impacts.
- Analyzes, verifies and documents scientific research reporting requirements.
- Checks for developments in intramural research, extramural research and/or clinical trials.
- Reviews professional, medical and other scientific literature to ensure up-to-date and accurate scientific information is included in communications materials.
- Consults with scientific experts to interpret complex biomedical research information to include in communications products.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.