Plans and implements measures that will avoid, overcome or compensate for elements of risk.
- Manages work and information within a strategic framework.
- Establishes or relies on proven risk management methods, models, and tools.
- Aligns efforts considering individual, division/branch/office, and organizational strategies.
- Identifies the risks of negative outcomes (including inadvertent error or fraud).
- Evaluates controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention or detection and correction.
- Communicates the impact of identified risks and recommends corrective action.
- Examines and defines factors that could adversely affect project task completion, delivery of contractual work products or achievement of customer satisfaction
- Ensures ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Quantifies and assigns probabilities to risks and opportunities (level and likelihood)
- Develops solutions to mitigate risk and maximize value
- Conducts periodic review of activities to ensure work in compliance with risk objectives.
- Maintains consistent data.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and users to gain insight.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.