Creates and maintains an environment that guides a project to its successful completion.
- Explains the processes involved in the initiation phase of a project and the development of an overall project plan
- Identifies key stakeholders in a project
- Identifies and analyzes environmental influences impacting a project
- Develops and manages the scope of a project
- Describes in detail the process of resource allocation including human resources, and how cost, work, and time estimates are developed
- Understands the risks involved in starting a project
- Understands the importance of quality assurance and control
- Develops effective oral and written communication skills to interact with members of a project team
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.