Displays and promotes conduct and behaviors consistent with agency and governmental standards.
- Familiarizes oneself with the pertinent rules and regulations that govern their area of responsibility.
- Applies rules and regulations in a consistent, non-biased manner.
- Refrains from behavior that fosters the appearance of conflict of interest.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Guards the handling of sensitive or high risk information appropriately.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to surroundings and acts accordingly in conversations.
- Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with standards for professional and ethical conduct.
- Follows up with a manager after identifying unethical conduct.
- Adheres to the standards of ethical conduct and compliance.
- Maintains composure at all times.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.