Develops and monitors processes and organizes resources to achieve desired results.
- Evaluates efficiency and effectiveness of resources utilization and results accomplishment
- Establishes clear, well-defined processes necessary to achieve the desired outcomes
- Organizes people and activities to accomplish results
- Identifies and addresses process problems promptly and follows through to ensure that corrective or recommended process updates are effectively implemented.
- Delineates complex processes into more simple tasks and functions
- Analyzes business processes to identify process owners, cycle time, variations, bottlenecks, and redundancies to support streamlining and other business improvements.
- Serves customers by developing and maintaining SOPs and other policy/procedure guidelines that foster continuity of operations and organizational resilience.
- Understands the various approaches for mapping the workflow of business processes to outline steps users follow and to develop a baseline for improvements or reengineering.
- Creates an effective work flow that effectively coordinates and integrates tasks and functions
- Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities to accomplish multiple objectives and obtain synergies through process development and management
- Effectively communicates and coordinates with other stakeholders in the process
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.