Develops and implements strategies that optimize individual performance within the organization.
- Develops and uses measures and rewards to enhance performance
- Translates new performance management policies into actionable goals for one?s own organization and holds self and others accountable to achieving the goals
- Customizes an organizational approach to performance management by balancing the organization?s unique cultural characteristics and constraints with performance management policy
- Holds self and others accountable for complying with performance management policy and procedures
- Sets clear, well-defined performance outcomes and tracks progress
- Establishes means of measuring performance and objectives
- Seeks performance feedback from supervisors, peers, and subordinates
- Addresses performance problems promptly
- Provides regular, on-going performance feedback to others
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.