Supports organizational goals and objectives in accordance with strategic and/or operations plans.
- Incorporates new processes and procedures into annual plans
- Conducts internal audits (i.e., gathers information, identifies strengths and weaknesses) and provides recommendations to establish new processes.
- Gathers key information essential to the planning and organizational process (e.g., internal information, audits, benchmarking information, stakeholder input).
- Incorporates an awareness of current and future management directives, required functional and technical expertise, resource requirements, and targeted stakeholders into annual plans
- Streamlines operations for maximum efficiency, automation and effectiveness where appropriate
- Identifies strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) in support of strategic planning process.
- Provides advice and guidance to resolve, implement or manage program or policy issues that involve areas of uncertainty in approach or methodology.
- Utilizes processes, tools and/or formal mechanisms to effectively monitor and manage results.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.