Applies knowledge of support principles, practices, policies and processes to ensure effective and efficient administrative operations.
- Structures and organizes administrative work to promote the efficient operation of the office.
- Prepares and/or updates reports, correspondence and other documents.
- Manages correspondence and communicates organizational information to appropriate parties as required.
- Gathers, organizes, maintains and archives data, information and records manually and through computer-based applications systematically (alphabetically, chronologically, by subject, etc.).
- Manages office/facility repositories and record keeping systems for storage, tracking, internal control, and retrieval of information and materials.
- Resolves administrative issues by deducing appropriate avenues of inquiry or sources of information.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.