Understands the workings of the Federal Government and how to achieve results in this environment.
- Identifies and keeps up to date on key national and international policies and economic, political, and social trends that affect the organization
- Maintains thorough knowledge of governmental activities and key personnel
- Understands the legislative process and how it impacts the Department, the Agency and one?s own organization and role
- Uses governmental systems, processes and/or programs appropriately to accomplish organizational goals
- Develops and maintains relationships with governmental personnel and leverages these relationships as needed to accomplish one?s role in public service
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.