Inspires others? commitment to their work and organizational excellence.
- Helps others see the personal benefits of doing their job well
- Encourages others to do their best
- Looks for and uses new, creative ways to motivate others
- Acknowledges achievements and contributions
- Helps others identify their long range plans and goals
- Maintains and communicates a positive, yet realistic outlook, in spite of organizational challenges in order to sustain morale
- Recognizes and tackles morale problems
- Uses a variety of approaches to energize and inspire others
- Communicates a vision of excellence for others that motivates them to improve
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.