Conducts research and solves organizational inefficiencies to increase the effectiveness of the organization.
- Understands management and organizational principles pertaining to areas of responsibility (e.g., delegations of authority, administrative procedures) in order to plan and conduct complex studies to assess organizational operations
- Identifies sources of information/data for a wide variety of problems and needs
- Accurately interprets study results
- Identifies and gathers necessary and accurate information needed (via case studies, etc.) to clarify an issue or make a decision
- Assesses problems accurately, and arrives at solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of resources and operations
- Conducts benchmarking and best practices research
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.