Identifies, prioritizes, and manages resources (e.g., people, systems, space, budgets, contracts) to foster productivity and deliver solutions.
- Articulates the functions and objectives of the organization and the relationship between own office and the larger organization
- Applies knowledge of organization to define requirements and acquire resources
- Develops realistic and manageable budgets based on organizational goals, objectives, and priorities
- Tracks and evaluates organizational budget, inventory, space, purchasing and personnel activities
- Optimizes processes by coordinating interactions across the organization
- Builds and leverages networks to work across the organization and achieve results
- Prepares and administers contracts and monitors contract performance
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.