Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them.
- Actively seeks and identifies opportunities to contribute to and achieve goals.
- Maintains a sense of purpose, value, and ownership of their work.
- Seizes opportunities when they arise.
- Maintains a level of energy and work activity to achieve goals.
- Works independently with little direction.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.