Acquires and applies critical financial concepts and practices, based upon a thorough understanding of the Federal Government.
- Establishes and maintains realistic budgets
- Draws accurate conclusions from financial information
- Uses financial and other quantitative information to manage resources provided for a project
- Interprets and analyzes the meaning and implications of key financial indicators
- Understands overall financial performance of the organization and the resulting capacity to manage supported projects
- Uses financial analysis to evaluate strategic options and opportunities and recommend effective and practical alternatives
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.