Administers grants and cooperative agreements, applying knowledge of organizational needs and deadlines.
- Leads activities to ensure grantee compliance with the established grant
- Analyzes requested budgets and determines awarded budgets
- Understands and executes the various stages of the grant lifecycle including pre-award review, grant progress monitoring, and award closure
- Recognizes factors that influence the grants process
- Completes steps involved in the solicitation process
- Coordinates actions with program officials regarding administrative and programmatic issues
- Develops guidelines for handling and/or adhering to grant changes
- Determines when a grantee should be referred to enforcement actions
- Communicates expectations and reinforces requirements with grantees
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.