Obtains financial information from within and outside of an organization for relevant guidance or other information; reviews and evaluates the financial data and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Analyzes budget, accounting, and program data in order to make comparisons and draw conclusions
- Uses established models and tools for analyzing data
- Gathers and interprets pertinent data from a variety of sources and identifies trends
- Evaluates different sources of information and reconciles conflicting or ambiguous data
- Applies existing standards, rules and regulations to problems explicitly and not explicitly identified
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.