Maintains and applies a broad understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible.
- Demonstrates broad understanding of financial management principles to direct organizational actions
- Sets organizational priorities by aligning organizational finances with NIH strategic goals
- Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities
- Identifies cost effective approaches
- Prepares, justifies and/or administers the budget for the program area
- Monitors the overall performance of the organization and adjusts allocation of finances based on progress against goals
- Fosters an environment that encourages fiscal responsibility
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.