Assesses and coordinates the acquisition, use, and maintenance of facilities and space; based on organizational goals, budget realities, safety and security needs, and NIH guidance and requirements.
- Assists or coordinates emergency procedures and drills.
- Coordinates the logistics for office/lab moves and space for new employees including IT, telecommunication and other equipment.
- Coordinates appropriate building access through NED.
- Facility Manager communicates with NIH Office of Research Facilities (ORF) and Office of Research Services (ORS) for campus or leased facilities? issues, including building-specific issues.
- Coordinates with the Office of Research Facilities Development and Operations (ORF) or an Institute-specific organization, and monitors the budget, design, construction and modification of existing and/or new space.
- Reviews and approves shop and maintenance work requests for minor maintenance, alterations, repairs and renovations.
- Prepares and maintains information regarding space assignments and requests such as in Space Justification Documents and NIH Enterprise Directory (NED).
- Assists program/management in the coordination of security and evacuation plans.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.