Impartially guides a group with an overall goal of reaching consensus, solving problems or accomplishing tasks.
- Exhibits behaviors and techniques that enhance the quality of group processes
- Evokes participation and creativity from others
- Effectively distinguishes process from content
- Interjects and diverts group to the goals of the session
- Establishes clear goals and purpose that outline the objectives
- Encourages divergent viewpoints to ensure final solutions are varied
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.